10) Comic Timing – Its not that easy to tear most clothes but comedy can make it look that way. Where would the history of slapstick be without the curling up shirt front, the torn train, the caught zipper, or tear-away sleeves.
9) Haste – When you are in a hurry, mistakes happen, you could throw a shoe like Cinderella, catch your sleeve on the corner of a table, or close the car door on the tail of your coat.
8) Engineering – Some garments just aren’t meant to move certain ways. The strapless dress, the scourge of wedding fashions of the last decade, has resulted in more than one memorable photo. Here’s a tip – when wearing strapless, don’t dance the YMCA.
7) Overpriced vintage – It may be chic to wear the past, but 80 year old fabric may not be a good buy for durability.
6) Crap workmanship – This swimsuit was designed to be worn by an athlete while performing vigorously. It looks to me like bad production was at fault – dare I suggest outsourcing for cheap labour was the probable cause?
5) Gravity – Tube tops are not a good choice for boisterous behaviour. I remember an overly-enthralled contestant on the Price is Right 30 years ago who made the same mistake as this dancer – jumping up and down with free weights inside an elastic band are not a good combination.
4) Poor decisions – This was the event that coined the phrase Wardrobe Malfunction, but do women really go around with pasties on their areolas just in case their singing partner accidentally rips off a tear-away patch of leather covering their right boob?
2) Desperation – Yes, we’ve all seen them, put them away now please.
1) Stupidity – Although in Lindsay’s case, her mother probably never told her to wear underwear, so she might not know any better.